Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Home Again!

Great time with family - and cooler weather - so strange to be in the 60-80 range in late July!!!

We were so busy that I didn't have time to post, but hopefully you got a chance to go back in time and look at old ones.

My boys did read (on the plane, at bedtime, in the car) but most of the time we were on the go. We hadn't seen our cousins for about 2 years, so it was time to catch up (and let them have more than their share of screen time).

I took the time to let myself mentally and physically recharge. We all need it, and I am really ready now for school to start.

Remember that for yourself. We are always so driven to be busy that we forget to recharge. And then we end up dragging and feeling no true energy or excitement. Sometimes our "time off" consists of projects or visiting, which doesn't fill up our tanks...we feel good, but still drained.

And we are on the last few weeks until school begins. A friend of mine put it this way, "I think I can, I think I can..."

Yes, you can. But recharge yourself so you can light up with excitement when they bring home their books to read.

Oh, and by the way, I couldn't help it - I had to recommend and leave "Big Nate" for my youngest nephew, Nathan. Go figure - it's just my nature to talk and give books!

No comments:

Post a Comment