Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer Book Programs

I am sure many of you have already investigated and enrolled in a myriad of summer camps, but make sure you check out what's offered at local bookstores and libraries.

Borders, for instance, has a program where if kids read 9 books, they get a 10th book free. I haven't read the fine print, so I am not sure if you have to buy those first 9 at the store, but I have a sneaking suspicion that's the case. Cest la vie, I'd do it anyway, and my boys get a free one.

It's worth it to get them reading, teach them to achieve a goal, and use time wisely.

Another find is the Goodwill Bookstore. I am going with a friend of mine tomorrow. They sell books for 1 dollar a title, supposedly. I will get back to you on that.

So there is an idea for today. Sorry so short, but I am whooped from my kids' baseball tournament play...it was a long, tension filled week. I am proud to say they all played hard and all have improved tremendously. Thanks to their coaches for all the hard work and time! Go Rockies! Go Pirates!

No comments:

Post a Comment