Monday, May 24, 2010

Anticipation...

So yesterday I got an email from Barnes and Noble (you will get bombarded when you become a member, but it does have some good savings!) to preorder the last "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" book, to be released in November.

"NOVEMBER???!!!" my boys chimed in unison, in a not so happy way.

Yes, but I saved 32% off the cover price ordering it now. And...I made them wait. It builds excitement, it builds desire.

I also preordered a few Mo Willems' new books, coming out at various times. There are two "Gerald and Piggie" books (if you don't know how much I love those, and for great ideas on how to use them with your reader, check out earlier posts), and the last "Knuffle Bunny" book as well.

My boys can't wait. I can't wait.

Think about it. When we anticipate and look forward to things, we dive right into it when it arrives. Kids and birthdays, kids and Christmas, heck -- kids and Summer Vacation!

So order yours today and build their excitement. When it arrives, I make it even more special because the address label is "The Forrest Boys" not me. Getting a package - well, you know, you have kids...they LOVE getting mail.

Take a look at Amazon, Borders, and Barnes and Noble -- man, I should be getting a cut of the profits with this advertising! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment