Friday, May 21, 2010

Remember Who Has Helped Your Child

I got some bittersweet news from a former collegue yesterday. She is hanging up her teaching hat.

Now, this isn't Earth shattering news, as many teachers do this after they have kids, get married, etc. Been there -- I completely understand and agree it is very important to put your own family first.

But I do consider it a HUGE loss when I see amazing teachers take time off.

So here's what I want you to remember. If your child has an especially amazing teacher, appreciate them while they are still working. Teachers like those are few and far between, and when they have made a difference in your child's life, they would love to hear about it from you.

So Cynthia, good luck in your new ventures, but know that the education world will miss you -- thanks for making the impact you have on so many kids' lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment