Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Can't Help It...

Whenever I am around elementary age kids, I have to engage them in conversation...I am always the one asking what the latest trends are, what their favorites are, how they have been spending their time. Why? Oh, I don't know. I don't on purpose do it to pry...but I do get a lot of great information. I think it is due to the fact that I spend nine months of the year, 7 hours a day, with kids. And I enjoy it. I enjoy them.

Today at the pool I met some young men who may darken my door this fall. And I had a blast talking with them. We talked about their latest video game adventures, Schlitterbahan (ohh, I mashed that spelling), and of course I brought it around to what they had been reading.

I know it is different when you are talking to your own kids. And it depends on their ages.

Those of you with 7-9 year olds...this is the time!!!! Don't lose these years. I find that this age is when they are at their most energetic, yet timid. They are changing from "babies" to young adults. And they LOVE conversation.

Just sit back and talk once in a while...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment