Friday, July 16, 2010

I am already picturing it...

My classroom is FAR from being ready, but I did get my books out of boxes and sorted into proper bins this week (I don't have enough bookshelves, however, which is problem I will try and resolve asap).

As I was sorting, I was imagining...I can already see the kids eagerly searching for the next story...

I can see the sports minded, picking out Mike Lupica, Matt Christopher, and Sport Shorts.

Fantasy lovers will go the range from fairy magic to Seekers to Lightning Thief.

After this summer's release of Ramona and Beezus, I expect to see a resurgence of Beverly Cleary, Judy Blume, and Junie Jones.

But there were the rarer known titles that I can't wait to recommend...the humorous "guy" stuff that will get that too-cool-for-books boy hooked. The 12 Birthdays book that will interest the tween girl.

And there were my favorite transition books. There are so many incoming third graders that still need those. I have plenty of the A to Z, the entire Magic Tree House, etc...but then there are the Cork and Fuzz books. The Sit and Down Boy books. The ones that have such interesting characters and new writing styles.

I would love to sit down in quiet (I have had to take the boys with me the past few days -- that's not quiet) and write some of these lesser known titles down to share with you. Maybe I can sneak over there Sunday. I wish they were at the top of my head right now, but I have literally just sorted over 3,500 titles, so it is a bit of a blur.

Anyway, suffice it to say I am already picturing those little smiles, the joy they will find, in the books in our room!

No comments:

Post a Comment