Thursday, September 2, 2010

Get them what keeps them fed

Today I ordered more books - do I really have money lying around? No, but here's the deal. I have a young man in my class who is right on the cusp of finding that connection with reading. So far, graphic novels have been his thing, but he's not one to for the Diary of a Wimpy Kid ilk...

I have some graphic novels (we would otherwise say books written in comic form), but not a ton.

So in order to keep him reading, I am going to feed him. And I am going to give him what he's craving...

It's a mission for me. It's a passion. I will seek out that ONE book that turns them on.

If your child needs that, make it your mission...don't give up. I firmly believe that book is out there...keep searching (or put me on the case!)

I ordered the books on Amazon, sight unseen, so I will let you know how I like them/titles after I get them! Or better yet, maybe I will have my guy write a review for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment