Sunday, April 25, 2010

We're Back!

Whew - that was a wild two nights. Now that I have gone with the boys, I have a "woman's perspective" on what else we need to make camping more comfortable...yes, I know roughing it is all a part of it, but it would be handy to have a few extra things - mostly cooking gear.

So enough of that.

My boys did read, by lantern, in their tent at night by choice. They loved being cozy in their sleeping bags and getting to "read outdoors." That was a special opportunity they don't have very often.

Also, Cub Masters had them hiking and reading along the trail...maps and markers. They learned about the trees and plants, and had to follow the map to "check" to make sure they were on the right trail.

So all in all, it was a great time out of the house, back in nature...but you better believe I am counting the minutes until I can climb into my own bed, without Nick rolling around on me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment