Thursday, April 15, 2010

Going on Vacation? Get the kids involved now!

Summer is approaching, and you may be making plans for vacations. Maybe you are sticking around the area, or travelling out of state...here's my thought for today.

Have the kids read about the places you are going, or have them research some places to go. If you are going somewhere tropical, check out some books on sea animals that are in the area.

If you are going to Disney or Six Flags, go online and find reviews, etc. about it and have them read.

This will be highly motivating!

I came up with the idea when I was talking to Matt about canoeing and kayaking here in Zilker Park this summer. He started telling his brothers all these things he "knows" about it (we call those "Matthewisms") and I realized how little he knew. So I suggested he check out some books so we are prepared when we go, and he could help dad keep everyone safe and having fun.

He liked the idea. Of course, he'd rather just go and experience it, but I think this will be good for him.

So try it...see what amazing plans they will come up with for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment