Monday, October 18, 2010

Went to Bookpeople Today...

...and spent what I didn't spend at the Book Festival - easy to do with three boys who love books in tow. The great thing is, however, the boys bought their own books.

And we bumped into another author, who signed his book on the spot for the boys -- and I managed to convince them that one copy would be enough to share. :) His book is FUNNY - somewhat sophisticated humor, but I know exactly which four boys I am going to have read it...it's called A Whole Nother Story by Dr. Cuthbert Soup. Good read. Highly recommended by all the Bookpeople associates (and they know their books)!

For the girls in my class -- and I selected them with specific girls in mind -- Savvy, 11 Birthdays, and Lily Quench, and the Dragon of Ashby.

A few others were part of series I have - Dragonbreath, Attack of the Ninja Frogs; Alvin Ho, and the last Dan Gutman book Matt hadn't read, Abner and Me.

I went out on a limb for a few others...Nerds - a team of 11 year old Super Spies; Vordak the Incomprehensible (thanks Kristy for the recommendation); The Unusual Mind of Vincent Shadow; and finally, Monster Squad - The Beast with 1,000 eyes.  Why those? After reading a few pages, I knew EXACTLY who would love them.

So there you have it. I will have my kids review them on my class webpage as soon as they finish them...check it out www.forrestskids.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment