Saturday, October 9, 2010

Texas Book Festival!

As a newbie to Austin, I wasn't here for the annual event in 2009...but I am making plans right now to go next weekend!

When I lived in Los Angeles, we always made it a point to go to the UCLA Festival of Books Weekend. It was HUGE, and talk about inspiring.

AUSTINITES: here is your opportunity to take your child to meet REAL authors, who write REAL books, and to get them excited about reading.

They have some great plans - I really want to see/hear David Wiesner - but then they have a whole "boys" event too, with books and authors for the "guys" (they have it for the girls too - my girls who love Allie Finkle will be pleased).

I am going to be advertising it heavily in my classroom, so if you are one of my parents, be prepared to be asked to go!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment