Friday, October 1, 2010

Once they get a taste, they can't settle...

I have noticed my students are getting picky - and I am glad. They don't want just ANY book, they want a GOOD book.

That means different things to different kids, but overall, it means they are knowing themselves better as readers, they are developing tastes in books.

I love that they read the book jacket and blurb no fail to get their minds ready. They are smarter readers.

I like how they share recommendations with each other.

I like how they ask me to read certain authors and order certain books because they know them and they love them.

How did this come about?

Sharing, talking, and building stamina. Providing material and TIME. Sticking to teaching them what good readers do and being sincere and authentic.

That's where we are week 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment