Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Intentions

I wanted to take today to give you a clear picture of what I intend this blog to be...

I started it because I have a passion for getting kids hooked on reading. I think it is amazing to watch them turn from bored and reluctant to actually bugging you with all the thoughts they are having from reading books.

There are so many blogs out there that recommend books or give book reviews. That's not my primary goal. I love books, and reading and recommending them, but...that's out there.

Here's what you are going to find here that I have not found on any other blog - ways to work with your reader. I want you to feel empowered on what to do with ANY material you have. In teaching you how to do certain strategies, I may fill you in on some great books that I have used (or an author I love) to help you, but the intent will be to give you the tools you need to get your child to read.

I have had parents ask me for years what it is I do with their kids. How do I take them from resistant to passionate? There have been countless requests for me to tutor - but I have a family of my own and I don't have the time (nor energy -- i think i am getting older) to do it.

BUT YOU CAN. And this blog was the perfect venue for me to share what I do so that you can do it.

Let's get our kids reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment