Thursday, December 23, 2010

Surround yourself with readers...

As I was wonderfully encouraged by a friend of mine to try a new workout, I thought about how motivating it was to have her with me...ok, so she physically drove me there too, and pedaled right next to me.

She made it fun, and painless! I thought about how it has always been others who have really pushed me to be better, to do things I know I should, and who follow up with me and ask when I am going to do it again.

That's what we need when it comes to reading. You and your child may need a buddy...maybe they read the same book and you compare notes...or maybe you both keep a reading chart of books read or time read.

It will be more fun, and you will be held accountable.

I think for kids, it will begin their journey knowing reading is a part of a greater community and that it connects us to others...and you might too!

No comments:

Post a Comment