Thursday, June 14, 2012

a MUST read!

How can I put this into words...Wendelin Van Draanen has written a book with the rhythm and freedom of the subject matter wrapped in an amazing and powerful package. The Running Dream is so much more than a story of recovery. It's got sweetness, and suspense, and grit. Each page turns gracefully, like a runner's gait.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND this one. I started it today at noon and finished it at about 5...front to back. Yes, it resonated with me. I am a medical miracle as a brain tumor and twice melanoma survivor. I understand the road to recovery and the gift of a second chance. I also understand the power of pushing through pain and what the body can do when you believe, set goals, and have support. It's about endurance...one step at a time.

It also reminds me that we all have our challenges, some more evident than others. And they aren't always physical.  We need to start with an open mind - believing the BEST about and the MOST of everyone..."I want people to see me, not my condition." We all want to be seen, understood, and loved for who we truly are - we don't want to be judged, labelled, or put into a neat little box.

What I loved about it most was that everyone can find joy in this book. It's a message that will make the world a much better place and each one of us appreciative of what we have.




1 comment:

  1. ..."I want people to see me, not my condition." We all want to be seen, understood, and loved for who we truly are - we don't want to be judged, labelled, or put into a neat little box.

    I liked the above lines in the blog most. If people understood this need in a child then it would be a happy child

    ReplyDelete